Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Sweet Corn Bread



If cornbread is on the dinner menu, I usually just grab a box of Jiffy Mix (I love that stuff), but tonight I decided to give it a try from scratch. I found a recipe on www.recipezaar.com that looked simple and had a good reviews. The result was a very cake-like sweet cornbread.

Click Here for Printable Version

½ cup cornmeal
1½ cups flour
2/3 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1/3 cup oil
3 Tablespoons melted butter
1 Tablespoon honey
2 eggs, beaten
1¼ cups milk

- Preheat oven to 350ยบ.
- In a bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the oil, melted butter, honey, eggs, and milk.
- Pour into a greased 8-inch square pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks really good and I'll bet it smelled good when it was baking.

Dawn said...

This looks great! I'm going to give it a try! :-)