Being that it is October, I decided I wanted to make something with pumpkin. After a short brainstorming session with C, we came up with Pumpkin Bread. I started with a favorite banana bread recipe and added and subtracted here and there.
Click Here for Printable Version
5 tablespoons margarine, softened
½ cup sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
2 egg whites
15 oz pumpkin1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoons baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powderdash salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease the bottom of a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the eggs and beat well. Stir in vanilla and pumpkin
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Blend the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
Cream Cheese Icing
1-8oz package cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Combine all ingredients with electric hand mixer until smooth.