Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Iced Pumpkin Bread



Being that it is October, I decided I wanted to make something with pumpkin. After a short brainstorming session with C, we came up with Pumpkin Bread. I started with a favorite banana bread recipe and added and subtracted here and there.




Pumpkin Bread
Click Here for Printable Version

5 tablespoons margarine, softened
½ cup sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
1 egg
2 egg whites
15 oz pumpkin1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoons baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powderdash salt



- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease the bottom of a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the eggs and beat well. Stir in vanilla and pumpkin
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Blend the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.

Cream Cheese Icing
1-8oz package cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/3 cup powdered sugar

- Combine all ingredients with electric hand mixer until smooth.

5 comments:

Trevor said...

Just had some pumpkin bread. I wish I had some icing.

Anonymous said...

The most beautiful bread I ever saw! The frosting looks like brocade...you will have to show me how to do that! And I'll bet it tasted good too!!

Pedaling said...

mmmm, that looks SOOOO yummy!

Anonymous said...

We would like to feature this recipe on our blog. Please email sophiekiblogger@gmail.com if interested. Thanks :)
/

MommaChef said...

This looks fantastic!
I made it just like the recipe calls for except i added an 1/8tsp ground cloves and an 1/8tsp nutmeg to flavor it more like pumpkin pie.
I also did a Brown Sugar Frosting for it since i didn't have any cream cheese.
Wonderful! Thanks so much!