2 Skinless Salmon Fillets
½ Cup Pearled Barley
3 Ounces Baby Spinach, rough chop
3 Cloves Garlic, sliced thin
1 Lemon, zested and juiced
Fresh dill (if you have it)
2 Tablespoons Butter
2 Tablespoons Sour Cream
Salt, Pepper, Crushed Red Pepper
- Heat a medium pot of salted water to boiling on high. Once boiling, add the barley and cook 18 to 20 minutes, or until tender. Turn off the heat. Drain thoroughly and return to the pot.
- While the barley cooks, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on medium until hot. Add the spinach, cook, stirring frequently for a few minutes. Throw in the garlic and lemon zest and season with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. Cook for a few more minutes until the garlic softens. Turn off the heat. Add to the pot of drained barley and wipe out the pan.
- Pat the salmon fillets dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper on both sides. In the pan used to cook the spinach, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the seasoned fillets and cook 3 to 5 minutes on the first side. Flip the fillets; add the butter. Cook, spooning the butter over the fillets, 2 to 4 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked to your desired degree of doneness. Remove from heat. Transfer the salmon to a plate.
- To the pot of cooked barley and spinach, add the sour cream, lemon juice, chopped dill and a drizzle of olive oil; stir to thoroughly combine and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- That's it! Divide the finished barley and cooked salmon fillets between 2 dishes.