CLICK HERE FOR PRINTABLE RECIPE
5 Tablespoons butter
½ Cup sugar
½ Cup light brown sugar
1 egg + 2 egg whites
1½ teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon almond extract
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
1¾ Cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon baking powder
½ Cup half & half or cream
¼ - ½ Cup chopped nuts (walnuts, macadamias, etc) -> Next time I'm going to leave these out.
- Preheat oven to 350º. Spray bottom only of a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat butter in large bowl on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add sugar and brown sugar – beat well. Add egg, egg white, vanilla, almond extract and beat until well blended. Add mashed banana and beat on high for 30 seconds.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder in medium bowl. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with cream – ending with flour mixture. Add nuts to batter and mix well.
- Pour batter into loaf pan. Bake until browned and toothpick comes out clean from center – about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Cool bread in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove bread and cool completely on wire rack.