Click Here for Printable Version
3 split chicken breasts, bone in, skin on
1 potato, skinned & diced
2 carrots, diced
2 ribs celery, diced
2 cups chicken gravy
2 Pie Crusts
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- Place the chicken on a sheet pan and rub with olive oil, salt & pepper. Roast for 40 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Once cool enough to handle, remove meat and discard skin. Shred or cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Peel and dice potato, carrots, & celery.
- Blanch in salted boiling water for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
Assemble Pie & Bake
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Combine chicken, potatoes, carrots, & celery.
- Spray deep pie pan with non-stick spray and add lower crust.
- Spoon chicken mixture into crust-lined pan and top with gravy.
- Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut slits in top crust.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. (During last 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent crust from burning.)
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.