Monday, November 27, 2006

Christmas Comes Early in Columbia

Although this post isn't exactly about food, I'm hoping its contents will help with many dishes to come. My greenhouse!! Craig gave me my Christmas gift a bit early before I lost my fresh herbs and other plants to the cold. I LOVE IT!! (Special thanks to Craig, Scott & Paul Edward for building it)







(I helped a little)






We will eventually get shelving inside, but for now...

Green Bell Peppers



Fresh Herbs (basil, parsley, tarragon, thyme, oregano, sage, peppermint)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will you invite me to play in your new play house??
I can't quite figure out where the green house is? If I were looking at the back of your house...which side??

Jenn S. said...

When you step out on the deck, it's on the left side.

Anonymous said...

Will you be able to grow tomatoes, peppers...etc...? Does it get cold where you will need a heater??

Jenn S. said...

We shouldn't need a heater. We are going to experiment with peppers and tomatoes, but for this year it's mostly to just keep what we have alive over the winter and start seeds early for the vegetable garden.