We woke up to this this morning...
A day like this called for something warm and filling for dinner ~ preferably something that didn't require me going to the store. I decided to make what I can only describe as the filling for Beef Pot Pie. Craig had the great idea to serve it up with homemade buttermilk biscuits, so we quickly whipped up a batch.
The photo doesn't do it justice - sort of makes it look like dog food - but I assure you it was quite tasty!
Click Here for Printable Version
1 pound beef, ½-inch cubes
2 carrots, diced
2 ribs celery, diced
1 medium yellow onion, diced
2 potatoes, skinned & diced
1 bay leaf
1-2 packs instant beef gravy
fresh parsley (optional)
salt & pepper
- Brown beef cubes. Add carrots, celery, onion, and cook until softened. Season with salt & pepper.
- Cover with water and bring to a boil
- Add bay leaf and potatoes, lower heat, and simmer until potatoes soften (or a few hours to keep the kitchen warm and smelling good!)
- Shortly before serving, add instant beef gravy packet and chopped fresh parsley (if desired), and cook until thickened.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste