Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Baby Back Ribs
For Labor Day we made baby back ribs. This was our first attempt at making whole racks of ribs. It was actually much easier than I thought it would be and they turned out very tender. I handled the first half of the recipe in the kitchen, then Craig took over outside on the grill. (He had the tough part since it started pouring rain as soon as we were ready to grill).
Click Here for Printable Recipe
Sipala's Beginner BBQ Ribs
2 Racks Baby Back Pork Ribs
24oz Beer (2 Bottles)
1 Small Onion, Sliced
18oz Prepared BBQ Sauce
- Cut each rack of ribs in half.
- Place ribs in pot, then add beer, onion, and cold water to cover.
- Over high heat, heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low - cover - simmer 1 hour or until almost tender. Drain, cover and chill until ready to grill.
- While the grill heats, coat ribs with BBQ sauce.
- Place ribs on grill over medium coals. Grill 20 minutes or until tender, brushing with sauce often and turning occasionally.