Wednesday, November 14, 2007
We had tried making poppers once before using a batter and it was pretty much a disaster (you know one of those snowballing disasters in the kitchen where you just keep adding ingredients hoping it will get better... yeah, that kind). Anyways, C came in from the garden the other day with a big pile of peppers so we decided to give it another shot. This time we kept it simple and it turned out fantastic.
- Cut the peppers in half and remove the seeds.
- Fill each side with cream cheese
- Dip in milk and roll in flour. Chill for 10 minutes.
- Dip in milk and roll in a mixture of italian seasoned breadcrumbs and japanese panko breadcrumbs. Chill for 10 minutes or until ready to fry.
- Fry 2-3 minutes or until pepper is softened and crust is golden brown.