The Christmas baking has begun!
I saw a recipe for "wedding cookies" on Mommy Cooks, and it looked similar to the walnut balls I always look forward to at Christmas time.
Click Here for Printable Version
Wedding Cookies / Walnut Balls
1 ½ cups butter or margarine, unsalted
¾ cup confectioners' sugar
¾ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups almonds, finely ground (I used walnuts)
1 tablespoon + plus 1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
confectioners sugar (extra)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Cream butter or margarine in a bowl, gradually add confectioners' sugar and salt. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add almonds and vanilla.
- Blend in flour gradually and mix well.
- Shape into balls using about 1 teaspoon for each cookie.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets, and bake for 15 minutes. Do not brown.
- Cool slightly, then roll in the extra confectioners' sugar.